After a whirlwind romance with the New World and Costa Rica, it was time to return to my estranged relationship with reality. This separation has given (me, at least) perspective to sort my thoughts and feelings out as much as possible.
During my sabbatical, I have:
1) Learnt that I can juggle crazy nights out and still have the energy and enthusiasm for some serious surfing action the following day – this means I’m still pretty Rock ‘n’ Roll.
2) Added a touch of vintage into my wardrobe – Upper Haight Street, I love you.
3) Come to fully grasp that life is not just about work work work (it only took this long to realise, yes). As they say it so well in Costa Rica…. Pura Vida!
4) Toasted raisin bagels + cream cheese + smoked salmon = The perfect breakfast
5) Shook Phil Knight’s hand, hung out with The Dales, had my first strip club experience + private lapdance, saw a psychic who told me I was cursed and was almost brainwashed at the Church of Scientology
6) Made so many friends along the way who will continue to play a part in my life
7) Decided that the New World will be my next destination after China
One day, I’m going to look back on this trip, smile and see how much impact it will have on the way I live. Until then, I’m ready to take on my new job at PHD Shanghai as well as work on the other parts of my life too.
New beginnings, exciting times ahead. Amen.